About Us

St. James Lutheran Church (originally known as St. Jakobi Lutheran) was organized in Llano on October 2, 1897. It has been an active part of the community of Llano throughout is history.

Its first church building was constructed in 1910. The present church was dedicated in 1958, the parsonage was dedicated in 1963 and Schorlemmer Hall in 2009. St James Lutheran was part of the Texas District of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Iowa and Other States which became the American Lutheran Church in 1930 and The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America in 1988. St James Lutheran became a part of the North American Lutheran Church in 2013.


groups

We Celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th, and Festival Sundays.

The congregation gathers regularly for fellowship potluck dinners after worship on the last Sunday of each month.